It may be hard to imagine any alcohol to have health benefits, other than the stereotypical drink after a stressful day at work; but a glass or two of wine has more benefits than you would imagine. Not only does wine offer great taste, but in moderation can help everything from your skin to your heart health:
Antioxidants, Antioxidants, Antioxidants!!!
As we talked about in our juicing series, Dark Berries are filled with Rich in Phytochemicals & Antioxidants. Grapes also contain antioxidant which attack Free Radical which cause nothing but trouble in your body. This concept is the basis for most of the claims that Wine is Heart Healthy!!
Some other claims of how wine can improve your help are below but I must emphasize the moderations as excessive consumption of alcohol obviously will lead to issues that greatly outweight these benefits.
1. Antioxidants: Proven to help reduce Heart Disease, Strokes and many types of Cancer
2. Resveratrol: Reduces Bad Cholesterol, prevents blood clots, lowers risk of Diabetes
3. Polyphenols: Protects cells improving brain function and helping to prevent Dementia and Alzheimer's disease
4. Longer Life: A Finnish study showed wine drinkers have a 34 percent lower mortality rate than beer or spirits drinkers
5. Healthy Skin: Tartaric Acid can improve the quality of our skin, preventing problems and reducing wrinkles
In addition to the hundreds of other perks of joining the Night Juice Wine Club hopefully this is good reason to make the switch from beer of the boring jack and coke type drinks!! Cheers,